Thu, 04 Apr|
Live via Zoom
Adult Autism and ADHD Assessments
Join me for this two day comprehensive training on assessing and diagnosing adult Autism and ADHD.
Time & Location
04 Apr 2024, 9:00 am AEDT – 05 Apr 2024, 4:00 pm AEDT
Live via Zoom
About the event
Join me for a two-day workshop focusing on the assessment of Autism and ADHD in adults. I will emphasise how to identify and accurately diagnose those with an internalised or "high masking" presentation. This foundational course is ideal for anyone eager to work with Autistic/ADHD adults, using a neurodiversity affirming approach aligned with the Autism CRC guidelines for best practice.
- Understanding DSM-5-tr Criteria: Explore the nuances of Autism and ADHD diagnostic criteria, particularly in adults without stereotyped presentations.
- Differential Diagnosis: Learn to distinguish Autism and ADHD from other mental health issues, and when additional psychological assessments are beneficial. We will cover some of the common presentations that are often misdiagnosed or may overshadow Autistic and ADHD traits.
- Assessment Indicators: Discover when to consider screening and assessing your clients for Autism and ADHD.
- Screening Tools Overview: I will walk you through common screening tools, and teach you best practices in selection, administration, and interpretation.
- Diagnostic Measures: Delve into how to use the diagnostic assessments: MIGDAS-2 and DIVA-5, focusing on verbal adults without intellectual disabilities.
- Integrative Assessment Approaches: Understand how to combine quantitative and qualitative methods for thorough assessments.
- Ensuring Diagnostic Confidence: Gain insights into affirming your diagnostic conclusions and how to increase diagnostic accuracy and confidence.
- Diagnostic Report Writing: A brief but essential guide on the elements to include in your report.
- Creating Affirming Assessment Experiences: Learn how to make the assessment process affirming for your clients.
- Practical Learning: Engage with case scenarios and discussions for real-world application and guidance.
About Me: As a neurodivergent psychologist providing neurodiversity affirming Autism and ADHD assessments for adults with highly internalised presentations, I am deeply committed to this work. Recognising the life-changing impact of a "late" diagnosis, I am dedicated to providing comprehensive training to empower more psychologists with knowledge in this critical practice area. This workshop addresses the gap in understanding non-stereotyped presentations of Autism and ADHD, ensuring better identification and treatment for clients.
What You Will Gain: This training equips you with the necessary knowledge and tools to identify the internalised presentation of Autism and ADHD and start conducting assessments for adults. While this workshop provides a solid foundation, ongoing supervision with a skilled psychologist is essential for continual skill development.
Who Is This Training Suitable For: This training is designed for any psychologists interested in developing their assessment and diagnostic skills in Autism and ADHD. This workshop is unqiue in that it brings together the latest in research on identifying the 'high masking' Autistic and ADHD'ers. Even if you have worked in the space of assessments, you are likely to find this workshop beneficial.
While it is beneficial to have prior training in neurodiversity affirming practices, it is not a strict requirement. What's crucial is your commitment to and understanding of a neurodiversity affirming approach. If you're eager to align your practice with these principles and enhance your expertise in this area, this workshop is for you.
For those who might not yet be familiar with the neurodiversity affirming paradigm or are looking to deepen their understanding, I can recommend this preliminary training to get you started. This workshop aims to build upon that foundational knowledge, empowering you to apply these principles effectively in your clinical practice.
Additional Information: Certificates of attendance will be provided, and the training counts as 15 hours of professional development. The workshop is capped at 30 participants to ensure ample time for discussions, questions, and troubleshooting.
- Ticket type
Adult Autism and ADHD axPrice$1,200.00
GST includedTax: GST included
+$30.00 service fee+$30.00 service feeSold Out
This event is sold out