Fri, 15 Sept|
Incorporating Schemas into CBT
Join me for a mini workshop on how to incorporate schema work into your CBT practice!
Time & Location
15 Sept 2023, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm AEST
About the event
Join me for a mini workshop where I will provide you practical skills and tools on how to incorporate schema work into your CBT practice.
My aim is to help you bridge the gap between theory and practice, with evidence-based strategies you can begin using with your clients right away.
I am dually registered as a Psychologist & Board Approved Supervisor in Australia and Clinical & Counselling Psychologist in the UK. I have 11 years of experience using CBT in clinical practice. I had the wonderful opportunity to train at the Beck Institute of Cognitive Behavior Therapy in Philadelphia with Dr Judith Beck and the late Dr Aaron T. Beck (founding father of CBT). I also have training and experience in Schema Therapy.
This workshop will cover:
- Compatibility and cross-over of CBT and Schema Therapy
- Unpacking the 18 schemas
- How to identify schemas, with a demonstration on the relevant inventory
- Evidence-based strategies for working with schemas in therapy, compatible with CBT
Who is this workshop designed for?
- Psychologists and therapists who have a basic understanding and experience with CBT.
- Schema therapy training is not required for attendance, and this does not constitue as schema therapy training. This will be covering schema basics and how to bring it into your CBT work when working with more challenging problems, and addressing core beliefs.
All registrants will get access to the recording and slides following the event. If you can't make the event live, please register and you will get access to the recording and slides at the conclusion of the workshop. This workshop counts as 2 hours of CPD.
Incorporating Schemas into CBT$100.00+$2.50 service fee