Fri, 24 Nov|
Live via Zoom
Identify, manage, and navigate therapy for your Autistic clients
Time & Location
24 Nov 2023, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm AEDT
Live via Zoom
About the event
Autistic Burnout is a fairly new concept with a lot of emerging scientific literature. In this workshop I will be covering the following:
- Autistic Burnout: What is it? including the proposed diagnostic criteria
- How to Identify Autistic Burnout in both your diagnosed and undiagnosed clients!
- How does it differ from depression and occupational burnout?
- What are the appropriate management strategies to assist my client managing Autistic Burnout?
- How can I adapt my therapy to be affirming and ensure I am meeting the needs of my Autistic client who is experiencing burnout?
There will also be some time for a Q+A! This workshop is suitable for mental health professionals and allied health professionals working with Autistic people across the lifespan. Autistic Burnout can impact both children and adults and it is important to be able to recognise this and manage it appropriately. This workshop will be recorded so you will be able to access the training and rewatch it again in your own time.
Amanda is a neurodivergent psychologist who practices using a neurodiversity affirming approach. When Amanda is not running 'Amanda Moses Psychology' she also operates a clinic where she focuses on the assessment and identification of adults who suspect they are Autistic or ADHD. She is passionate about teaching, training, and making neurodiversity affirming care accessible to clinicians.
Can't make the date? Register and you will receive a copy of the recording and slides following the event.
Autistic Burnout$100.00Tax: GST included+$2.50 service feeSale ended