Sat, 15 Apr|
Live via Zoom
Treating the Suicidal Client- Beyond the Safety Plan
A practical skills-based workshop for Provisional Psychologists, Clinical Psychology Registrars and Early-Career Psychologists on working with Suicidal Clients
Time & Location
15 Apr 2023, 11:00 am – 3:00 pm AEST
Live via Zoom
About the event
This workshop will not just cover the basics of risk assessment and safety planning, but it will take you beyond the safety plan. This training is sufficient to provide you with the skills to treat a client who presents with moderate-high risk of suicide. This will be a highly practical workshop providing you with evidence-based strategies you can start using with your clients straight away. The training is based off a specific treatment protocol design by Dr Aaron T. Beck for suicidal clients. I attended training in this protocol at the Beck Institute in Philadelphia many years ago, and I have been using it in clinical practice for a decade.
- Completing a risk assessment
- Psychometrics for suicide risk
- Completing a case formulation for suicidal clients
- Safety planning
- Training you in the structured, 10 session treatment protocol for clients with moderate-high risk of suicide (it is not just basic CBT)
- A case example will be presented so you can get a good understanding of how to implement this structured treatment protocol and what it looks like in practice
- You will get a copy of the workshop recording for one year
- You will get a workbook I developed that has therapy worksheets you can use with this client cohort
About your host:
I am dually registered as a Clinical & Counselling Psychologist (HCPC, UK) and Psychologist & Board Approved Supervisor (AHPRA, Australia). I have over a decade of clinical experience and have worked with many presentations, including clients with suicidal ideation and self-harm behaviours. I believe training in risk assessment, safety planning, and treatment of suicidal ideagtion is an essential skill for all psychologists as it saves lives.
This workshop will be capped at 20 participants to allow for a more intimate learning experience and provide enough opportunity for Q&A. It will count as 4 hours of professional development towards your internship/ CPD towards your ongoing registration requirements. I will provide certificates of attendance.
*** If you can’t attend on this date I have a copy of the recording of a previously sold out workshop available here: https://www.amandamosespsychology.com.au/challenge-page/ec26ee0d-2b6f-452e-8289-3011b55e487e
I host a number of workshops and release new dates and topics every couple of months. You can subscribe to my mailing list via my website to be notified of new workshops as they are released.
Suicidal Workshop$200.00Tax: GST included+$5.00 service fee